Sales of the 3DS XL and 3DS rose this week thanks to a number of new releases, according to Japanese market data provided by Famitsu.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth debuts at the top of the software chart, while fellow new release Card Fight! Vanguard comes in at No.3.
This helped sales of the 3DS XL rise by 11,592 units this week while console sales of the 3DS rose 639 units.
Wii U hardware sales fell 33.9 per cent week-on-week following Mario Kart 8's first week in stores. The racing title helped to double sales of Nintendo's console when it first launched, but now Wii U sales are returning to normal.
Mario Kart 8 drops to second place and sold one-fifth the number of units it did in its first week.
PlayStation 4 hardware sales also rose this week, likely thanks to the launch of Bethesda's shooter.
Here are the hardware numbers for the week ending June 8th:
1. Nintendo 3DS LL 31,214
2. Wii U 12,576
3. PS Vita 10,696
4. PSP 10,498
5. PS4 8,010
6. PS3 6,041
7. Nintendo 3DS 5,502
8. PS VitaTV 808
9. Xbox360 109
And the Top Ten games:
1. Persona Q: Shadow of The Labyrinth (Atlus) 3DS – 186,398 (New)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 75,030
3. Card Fight!! Vanguard: Lock on Victory!! (FuRyu) 3DS – 32,816 (New)
4. Yokai Watch (Level 5) 3DS – 25,145
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chosen (Konami) PS3 – 16,072
6. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda) PS4 – 10,144 (New)
7. Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 7,730
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chosen (Konami) 3DS – 6,976
9. New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) Wii U – 6,877
10. Wii Party U (Nintendo) Wii U – 6,549