Big Ant Studios has been teasing the cover star for its cricket game for a while, and it doesn't get much bigger than Sir Don Bradman, who is considered to be the greatest cricket player of all time.
The Melbourne studio has finally revealed the cover art and the official name - Don Bradman Cricket 14 – for its game, which was earlier revealed as simply Cricket 14.
The game is licensed by the Bradman Foundation, and is headed to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC this year. PS4 and Xbox One versions are also in the works, and scheduled for release by mid-2014.
The entire Big Ant Studios team understands that with the Bradman name comes incredible responsibility. We are all sincerely dedicated to bringing cricket fans from all nations the cricket gaming experience of their lives. We consider it the greatest of honours to develop the game that bears the name of the best player of all time, Bradman,” said Big Ant Studios CEO Ross Symons.
The game will feature Bradman's likeness, and with the inclusion of historical kit items and a sepia tone filter, players can recreate his record-breaking career”.
While Big Ant has revealed several features of the game to the community over the months, it has now officially released the following details:
- Unique batting and bowling controls, giving full 360 shot control and line and length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game.
- Ball physics giving realistic edges, bat-pad catches, and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height ? imagine running in a two-metre bowler to deliver that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and electronic review system allowing challenges of the umpire's decision.
- Practice nets: Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, weather System and pitch degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a day's play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your cricket experience, creating teams, players, tours, competitions, match types, and even umpires.
- More than 4,000 community-created players and teams ready to download and use in-game.
- An online save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
Sign up for the free MCV India newsletterhere.