The latest iteration of EA's The Sims series is No.1 in the GfK Chart-Track All Formats charts this week.
This is a pretty remarkable feat given that the game is only available on PC – and these charts don't take into account digital sales, either. So it's fair to say that The Sims 4 had an impressive first week. That being said, the game is insanely popular as a boxed product, so this shouldn't come as a huge surprise.
It's the first PC-only title to top the All Formats chart since 2012's Guild Wars.
It is also EA's fourth No.1 for 2014.
Watch Dogs shoots to No.2 this week, up from last week's ninth place. This is the result of promotions on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 SKUs of the game, which saw sales jump by 19 per cent.
Last week's No.1, Metro Redux, falls one place with a 58 per cent sales decline.
Below is the Top Ten for the week ending September 6th:
1. The Sims 4 (EA)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. Metro Redux (Deep Silver)
4. The Last of Us Remastered (Sony)
5. Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition (Activision Blizzard)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision Blizard)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
8. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
9. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)