Following the issues facing UK studios Lionhead, Evolution and FreeStyle, we ask development leaders about the future of development in this country.
We also speak to Square Enix's Justin Gaffney about the return of Final Fantasy, after the firm announced three games, a movie, and much more.
Meanwhile, Stardew Valley developer Eric Barone tells MCV about the unexpected success of his game.
We also ask UK's top firms what sells a game in 2016 and have a chat with project manager Tim Endres about the next Gamescom.
The full contents of this week's issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: ‘UK games development is as strong as ever' say UK dev leaders
- NEWS: Indie skating series OlliOlli griding into physical retail
- MCV AWARDS INTERVIEW: We speak to Gamer Network's Rupert Loman about the company's past and upcoming shows and its renewed rivalry with GAME
- THE BIG GAME: Square Enix's Justin Gaffney discusses the return of Final Fantasy
- INTERVIEW: Eric Barone tells MCV about the unexpected success of Stardew Valley
- CREATIVE AGENCY GUIDE: What sells a game in 2016? UK's top firms give us an answer
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Emeric Thoa speaks about his project, Furi
- INTERVIEW: Gamescom project manager Tim Endres tells MCV what we can expect from the upcoming show
- Plus! UKIE appoints new research analyst, Chris Bowman from Shildon's Console Connections talks about the hype surrounding virtual reality, Dark Souls' merchandise range, plus a focus on the Russian games market