EA has staged a double coup by claiming both the single most watched trailer and overall most popular game on YouTube throughout E3 2017.
The video service says that the official gameplay trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II was the most viewed trailer to emerge from the show. The EA shooter was also the most popular game across all uploaded videos.
Nintendo's Super Mario Odyssey may have won more adulation from the press, but it fell nearly 2.5m views short of catching EA's licensed shooter, although it was announced later in the show.
Here are the ten most viewed E3 trailer between June 9th and June 14th 2017:
1. Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer (7.9m views)
2. Super Mario Odyssey - Game Trailer (5.5m)
3. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) 2017 (4.5m)
4. FIFA 18 | The Journey: Hunter Returns (4m)
5. Need for Speed Payback Official Gameplay Trailer (3.4m)
6. Official Call of Duty: WWII – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer (3.3m)
7. Forza Motorsport 7 - 4K Announce Trailer (3.1m)
8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Announcement Trailer (3.0m)
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Official Trailer (2.7m)
10. Assassin's Creed Origins: Gameplay Trailer [4K] (2.6m)
The race for the title of the most viewed game finished a little differently. This tally took into account all content uploaded for each title, such as trailers, official gameplay, media coverage, and fan-uploaded reactions”.
In this chart we see the likes of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty perform better, while Anthem and Dragon ball Z also feature. Dropping out are Forza 7, Mario + Rabbids and South Park.
1. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (EA)
2. Assassin's Creed: Origins (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 18 (EA)
4. Call of Duty: WWII (Activision)
5. God of War (Sony)
6. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
7. Marvel's Spider-Man (Sony)
8. Anthem (EA)
9. Need for Speed: Payback (EA)
10. Dragon Ball Z (Bandai Namco)