Gravity Rush 2 has gone straight in at No.1 in the Japanese games charts this week, according to the latest sales data from Famitsu. The PS4 exclusive RPG only managed to scrape 16th place in the UK charts this week, but in Japan this gravity-shifting adventure title sold 69,092 units in its first week.
SEGA's Valkyria Revolution also put in a strong performance on PS4 this week, charting in 3rd place with 40,470 units sold. The Vita version also did well, charting in 7th place with 20,439 units sold, giving the title a combined total of 60,909 units.
This remixed version of SEGA's critically-acclaimed tactical RPG title Valkyria Chronicles isn't due to be released in the UK until Q2 this year, but the PS4 version managed to pull ahead of Nintendo's 3DS smash hits, Pokmon Sun and Moon, which collectively sold 25,516 units this week – a drop of 39 per cent week on week. The Vita version also sold more units than Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, which fell to 8th place this week after sales dropped 45 per cent week on week.
3DS software still managed to hold its own against the PS4 this week, however, with Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World entering the charts in 2nd place with 52,758 units sold. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue fell to 5th place this week, down from its No.1 spot last week, showing a decrease of 83 per cent week on week.
On the hardware side of things, PS4 remained the best-selling console this week, shifting 27,561 units, but the New Nintendo 3DS LL (XL in the UK) wasn't far behind with 23,093 units.
Below is the software Top Ten (January 16th, 2016 – January 22nd, 2016)
1. Gravity Rush 2 (Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia) PS4, 69,092 (New)
2. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo) 3DS, 52,758 (New)
3. Valkyria Revolution (SEGA) PS4, 40,470 (New)
4. Pocket Monster Sun/Moon (Pokmon) 3DS, 25,516
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Square Enix) PS4, 22,743
6. Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (Level-5) 3DS, 21,215
7. Valkyria Revolution (SEGA), Vita, 20,439 (New)
8. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) 3DS, 16,523
9. Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! (Nintendo) 3DS, 11,391
10. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Spike Chunsoft) Vita, 11,001
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
- PS4, 27,561
- New Nintendo 3DS LL, 23,093
- PS Vita, 12,286
- 2DS, 8,904
- PS4 Pro, 8,852
- New Nintendo 3DS, 2,281
- Wii U, 1,070
- PS3, 388
- Xbox One S, 237
- Xbox One, 113