EventsSubscribe to Events RSS
MCV Women in Games Awards 2016
19th May 2016
After a successful first year, MCV’s Women in Games Awards, co-hosted by Women in Games (WIGJ), return this May. TV presenter Julia Hardy will host the event, which rewards the contribution of women to the UK games industry.
During this event, the MCV and Women in Games teams will identify the Top 30 Women in Games.
Six special awards will also be given:
- Rising Star – This category recognises a leading up-and-coming talent from any sector of the business. The judges expect most nominees to be under 30, but consideration will also be given to women who are new (less than three years) to the industry.
- Businesswoman of the Year – An executive who has had a stellar 12 months in terms of driving a company forward and generating significant revenues.
- Creative Impact – Recognising talent in games development and design.
- Unsung Hero – Honouring the vital support roles in the industry, including QA, community managers, studio managers, PR and HR.
- Campaigner – A special award for someone working for or with a games-related charity, or working within a community to use games as a force for change, inclusion, education or improvement.
- Outstanding Contribution of the Year – The award will reflect upon the life of someone who has had a lengthy and successful career at the top of the industry, making positive contributions to the commercial success and public profile of the games industry.
The lobbying period for this event is open now and runs until February 17th. Simply email email@example.com with a brief description of why you, a colleague or peer should be considered.
Tickets for the event are priced at just £49 and are available by clicking here.