|Position:||UI Programmer - North East UK|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - North East|
|Date posted:||Friday, March 1st 2013|
- Location: North East
- Job Type: Permanent
- Format: Console and PC
- Good salary and benefits package
OPM are currently working with this global developer, publisher and distributor of many of the industry’s best selling games to secure crucial hires.
Their UK studio, founded in 1989 has sales of over 14 million of its well-known AAA franchise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing features relating to in-game menus, HUD and other user interface features. We are looking for somebody capable of working with graphic designers and designers on an innovative and ambitious design to create a unique user experience.
This role will involve evaluating and working with middleware solutions.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
• At least 1 project completed on major home consoles or PC.
• A desire to innovate.
• Ability to plan your work and then deliver on time.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Maintain, refactor and improve existing solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, or equivalent knowledge gained through work.
• Experience with flash a bonus
• Ability to rapidly prototype based on existing solutions.
• Action Script knowledge a bonus.
To apply please forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org