This week's MCV – which is now available to view online – reveals that the average games salary in the UK fell by almost £4,000 to just under £30,000.
This figure comes from the results of our annual salary survey, which are printed in full and analysed in this week's issue.
We also reveal the full list of MCV Awards 2013 finalists, and explain how video games will survive the current retail crisis.
We've listed the contents in full below.
Download our iPad app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV back issues.
You can also read the magazine in your browser. Click here to subscribe or click here to access this week's individual issue.
Individual issues cost £1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only - £19.99), six months (£34.99) or 1 year (£64.99).
In this week's issue:
- Find out why the collapse of HMV and Blockbuster is unlikely to have a massive impact on the games market
- Are you an MCV Awards 2013 finalist? Full list revealed.
- We reveal the results of our annual salary survey and offer insight from recruitment experts into the 2013 jobs market
- Activision tells us why Skylanders proves there is growth at retail
- Full 2012 charts of the UK accessories market
- Watch trailers for Disney Infinity and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Plus! Previews of Disney's games, mobile and toy plans for Wreck-It Ralph, and Off The Record's new Mr & Mrs challenge