2K Games’ BioShock Infinite is the new UK No.1, although it sold just 9,000 more units than its predecessor BioShock 2.
It now stands as the second biggest release of 2013 behind Square Enix’s Tomb Raider, which itself holds on to second place after a 45 per cent boost in sales thanks to widespread discounting.
Nintendo’s 3DS title Luigi’s Mansion 2 starts life in fifth place with EA’s action-heavy Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel claiming sixth, two spots ahead of fellow EA debutant Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 in eighth.
Big Wii U hope LEGO City Undercover manages 12th in its first week of release while PS3 outing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time achieved 31st.
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending March 30th:
1. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
2. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
3. Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
4. FIFA 13 (EA)
5. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
6. Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
10. Crysis 3 (EA)
11. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
12. LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo)
13. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
14. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. SimCity (EA)
17. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
18. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. God of War: Ascension (Sony)