Online games community Raptr has revealed that Borderlands 2 was the Most Played New Game of the year on Xbox 360 and PC amongst its 15m members.
The game enjoyed 200 per cent more playtime in its first month than its nearest competitor, Blizzard’s Diablo III. Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma was perhaps the surprise winner of the Most Played New IP, edging out Dishonored.
When games released before 2012 are included, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 emerges as the Most Played Game, beating competition from League of Legends and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
“We’re seeing more time invested in games that constantly introduce new content and other community engagement activities, from console titles like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Portal 2 to MOBAs like League of Legends,” Raptr CEO Dennis Fong stated.
Here are the 2012 Raptr awards winners in full:
· Most Played New Game – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played Game (Released Anytime) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
· Biggest Boost from User-Generated Content – Portal 2 (Valve)
· Most Played Long-Awaited Sequel – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· No Bathroom Break – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played XBLA Game – Minecraft (4J Studios/Mojang)
· Most Played New IP – Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare/EA)