Has a long working week left you hungry for a new challenge? Is a move to a new studio or relocation in warmer climes a tempting proposition?
Now is the perfect time for a fresh start and a climb up the career ladder, and MCV’s jobs board is the ideal place to browse a wide array of real vacancies across the globe.
Job of the week on the boards this time around offers a fantastic opportunity for an experienced gameplay programmer:
Title: Gameplay programmer
Location: UK - North East
Description: Gameplay programmer
Our client a leading gaming company based in Liverpool, are looking for an experienced gameplay/AI programmer interested in working as part of a team shaping the next generation of games. This will involve designing, writing and maintaining cross-platform code on a single project. You will work alongside their Game Designers to support and realise the Game's vision.
Required skills and experience:
· Strong C++ knowledge and experience
· A genuine passion for Computer Games
· Scripting experience using Lua or other similar languages
· Self motivated, ability to work well with others, attention to detail
· Shipped at least one title as a Gameplay/AI programmer
· An understanding of Gameplay systems and the ability to write robust code
The following attributes would also be an advantage:
· Skills in; Networking, Physics, Rendering, Animation or other key game technologies
· Console development experience is a plus
· A demo is very advantageous (binaries and source code, are needed please)
Things we like to see...
· Commitment to the team
· Enthusiasm; a real love for the work
· The ability to see a project through to the end
· Ability to work under time pressure
· An honest CV
Click here to find out more about the gameplay programmer position.
If the above isn’t what you are looking for, there are plenty more vacancies listed on our jobs board, where you can also upload your CV and send it directly to recruiting studios.
Click here to find your dream job.
And if you're a recruiter looking to find new staff you can harness the diversity and experience of our huge pool of readers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.