The updated version of Diablo III on consoles is No.1 in the UKIE GfK All-Formats Top 40 chart.
This is the first time that Blizzard's series has made it to the top spot. The PlayStation 4 edition was the best-selling format, beating the Xbox 360 SKU by a mere 500 units.
The dungeon crawler deposes The Last of Us Remastered, which had been No.1 for three weeks in a row. Sales of Sony’s blockbuster dropped by 24 per cent during the week.
Meanwhile at No.3, EA’s Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare shot up from No.15 to No.3 thanks to its launch of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The title’s sales rose by 200 per cent this week.
It’s not all good news for EA as FIFA 14 falls out of the Top 10 for the first time since its launch. The football title slipped five places to No.12, with sales decreasing by 24 per cent. This is likely due to the imminent launch of FIFA 15 next month.
There is one new entry in the Top 10 this week and that is Bandai Namco’s Tales of Xillia 2. The JRPG title made it to No.10.
Below are the charts for the week ending August 23rd:
1. Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition (Activision Blizzard)
2. The Last of Us Remastered (Sony)
3. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
6. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
7. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
8. The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros)
9. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
10. Tales of Xillia 2 (Bandai Namco)