Capcom’s Devil May Cry reboot is off to a great start with DmC claiming No.1 in its first week in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It’s Capcom’s first No.1 since the release of Resident Evil 5 back in early 2009, although note that the game sold only just over a third of what Devil May Cry 4 sold in its launch week.
Sales are down on seemingly every other title, with FIFA 13 falling 40 per cent, Black Ops II down 26 per cent and Far Cry 3 down 49 per cent.
2K Sports’ NBA 2K13 enters the charts in 19th following the release of the Wii U SKU.
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending January 19th:
1. DmC (Capcom)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
4. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
5. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
6. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
8. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
11. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
12. WWE ’13 (THQ)
13. Dishonored (Bethesda)
14. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
17. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
18. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
19. NBA 2K 13 (2K Sports)
20. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)