This latest MCV – which is now available to view online – kicks off our month-long celebration of independent retailers.
We profile the top five newest retailers on the market, from ThatGameShop to JD Games.
Elsewhere, E3 organisers respond to the news that Nintendo isn't holding a press conference. And we speak to the marketing experts on why video game publishers are booking fewer TV ads.
Download our iPad app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV back issues.
You can also read the magazine in your browser. Click here to subscribe or click here to access this week's individual issue.
Individual issues cost £1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only - £19.99), six months (£34.99) or 1 year (£64.99).
In the latest issue:
- GAME reveals its plans for the current games drought
- Nintendo restructures UK team
- E3 reacts to 2K and Nintendo no-show
- ANALYSIS: Is video game TV advertising dead?
- It's indie retail month. We speak to the newest independent retailers
- UK publishers open Japanese games store
- ThatGameShop launches Twitch.TV channel
- INTERVIEW: 505 Games on Ashes Cricket 2013
- We preview Grid 2, Diggs Nightcrawler, Soul Sacrifice and Metro: Last Light
- Plus! Off The Record, the UK charts, the XBLA and PSN Top Tens and much, much more