As well as shattering records in the West, Halo Reach has also been waging war on the Eastern front – and the news has been mixed.
The game managed to chart at number four in the Media Create Top Ten, an accomplishment that is not to be underestimated in a market that is traditionally hostile to Western games.
It was also very close to pipping fellow new entries Front Mission Evolved and Yu0Gi-Oh 5Ds Tage Force 5 for second place.
However, 1UP reports that its week one sales of 44,413 were down on the 61,143 sold by Halo 3 way back in 2007. And that was when the Xbox 360’s install base was far lower. It was up on Halo 3 ODST’s 29,734 copies, though.
Of course, the star performer of the week was Nintendo’s Pokemon Black & White, which as previously reported sold an amazing 2,557,779 copies between them in the period.
Here’s the Top Ten in full:
1. Pokemon Black/Pokemon White (DS) – 2,557,779
2. Front Mission Evolved (PS3) – 51,084
3. Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Tag Force 5 (PSP) – 45,879
4. Halo: Reach (360) – 44,413
5. Wii Party ? (Wii) – 36,547
6. Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airu Village (PSP) – 28,627
7. One Piece: Gigant Battle (DS) – 28,123
8. Blue Roses (PSP) – 9,846
9. Taiko Drum Master DS (DS) – 8,729
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) – 8,178