We look at the latest TV advertising activity for games from March to July 17th, plus a look at the Top Ten games advertisers of 2011 so far.
This is provided by specialist communication firm Generation Media which focuses on the entertainment and leisure industries.
This week we take a look at the year-on-year weekly marketing dynamics from March 6th to July 17th, for males aged between 16 and 34 years old. We also look at the Top Ten games advertisers based on their TV activity so far this year.
– During the week ending July 17th, games and consoles advertising fell to its lowest point since the week ending February 13th. Just nine campaigns were on air, generating 225 Men 16 to 34-year-old TVRs. One TVR equals one per cent of a target audience.
– This latest decline, coupled with two weeks of decline in June, has reduced the year-to-date growth figure to 26 per cent, compared to 29 per cent for the year up to July 10th.
– In comparison, 406 TVRs were generated by 12 campaigns during the corresponding week in 2010. The absence of a major campaign also drove this decrease. In 2010, Nintendo’s Super Mario Galaxy 2 achieved 77 TVRs. In 2011, only Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D came close to matching this rating level, achieving 58 TVRs.
TOP GAMES ADVERTISERS JANUARY 1ST TO JULY 17TH
– Up to July 17th, the Top 10 games and consoles advertisers accounted for 98.9 per cent of the market.
– Nintendo is the clear market leader in terms of share, having generated over 54 per cent of all games and console individual TVRs this year. There has only been one week this year when they have not been on air.
– 2K Games created the largest growth in advertising pressure (708.7 per cent), thanks in large part to Duke Nukem Forever.
– Bethesda made the Top 10 despite advertising only one product, Brink. The title ranked No.1 in the advertising table for the first two weeks of its launch.
– The fact that only two of the Top 10 saw decline year-to-date shows the advertising market’s strength in 2011. There have been 104 campaigns, compared to 90 over the same period in 2010.