Capcom business goes to AIE, R18+ guidelines are revealed, Arbie Artinian joins EA and the New Zealand industry continues to grow.
- Capcom distribution, marketing and sales duties have gone from THQ to All Interactive Entertainment.
- The new R18+ guidelines have been revealed, giving us a clear idea of what games will and won't be banned from Australian shores moving forward.
- Ed Boon, the creator of Mortal Kombat, has signed on to give they keynote address at the EB EXPO in October.
- Arbie Artinian left Activision after four years to become the Regional Marketing Manager for EA Sports.
- The iPhone 5 launch required the best of the best when it came to gaming, and Australia's Rob Murray from the newly-formed Firemonkeys was on stage to show off what the new handheld could do with Real Racing 3.
- Namco Bandai sets a Guiness world record by having the largest screen ever to be used in a videogame tournament to launch Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- MCV profiles the unknown developer from Melbourne managing the mammoth task of bringing Mass Effect 3 to the Wii U.
- The New Zealand Game Developers' Association has reported that the country continues to see solid growth in its development industry.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register