Distributor AFA Interactive closes its doors this week, while Bluemouth grows into Asia and PAX Australia joins the IGEA.
Here’s a roundup of the biggest news this week on MCVuk.com’s sister site MCV Pacific:
- AFA Interactive, a long-standing Aussie distributor founded by Robert Allford, has ceased trading with only a financial controller left to settle its affairs.
- Bluemouth Interactive, local distributor of MOGA and ASTRO products, has expanded its reach into Asia with a new strategic partnership.
- Indie retail chain Gametraders has announced the opening of a new massive store, replete with snacks, coffee, couches and more, aiming for its new series of Gametraders Live branded stores to play host to gaming tournaments, cosplay competitions and much besides.
- PAX Australia follows IGN to become the second Associate Member of the Interactive Games and Entertainment Association.
- Brad Ellis, founder of sub-distributor Game On, spoke to MCV about the impact of AFA Interactive's departure from the scene and what's next for his business.
MCV Pacific is a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world’s leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to the MCV Pacific Newsletter. To find out how MCV Pacific can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647