The PwC Media Outlook Report indicates solid growth down under, ACT introduces R18+ bill, Turn Left gets a new MD and the EB Live lineup is announced.
- Rodney Block, former VP of THQ Asia-Pacific (pictured), has become the new MD of Turn Left Distribution.
- The ACT is the first state (or rather territory) to sign a bill passing the R18+ classification into law, in preparation for the federal legislation coming into effect in January next year.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers' Media Outlook Report 2012-2016 is released at a presentation given by PwC and the iGEA, indicating above average growth for Australia as a mature market for games in the coming years.
- EB Games announces the lineup for the EB Live portion of the October EB EXPO.
- The Game Masters exhibition has been announced for New Zealand.
- MCV speaks to Torus Games about why Vita third party support has been so slow.
- Aussie media get involved in the 'girlfriend mode' controversy.
- Plus, we have interviews with President of Gearbox Software Randy Pitchford, Head of Team Ninja Yosuke Hayashi and from Gamescom Maxis VP of Marketing Jordan Edelstein.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register