GAME Australia officially entered liquidation this week, while the R18+ bill passed through the Senate and Sydney hosted Game Tech.
- GAME Australia's fight to survive has drawn to a close this week, with confirmation arriving on Tuesday that all its remaining retail stores would close, and notice of liquidation being sent out on Wednesday.
- The R18+ bill is still enjoying smooth sailing, passing through the Senate unscathed and ready to be implemented at a state level, with yet another barrier between it and its January 2013 date knocked down.
- Game Tech 2012 took place in Sydney this week, bringing all facets of the industry together over two days at Luna Park with speakers from around the globe. MCV Pacific has wrap-ups of days one and two.
- MCV interviewed Ian Livingstone, Life President of Eidos on his work with Australian developer Tin Man Games on a digital version of his latest Fighting Fantasy book, as well as about Tomb Raider and the future of consoles.
- Ron Curry spoke to MCV after E3 about a potential global app rating scheme to combat the current inability of the Australian government to classify downloadable titles at all.
- Andy Coughlin, Retail Sales and Marketing Lead at Microsoft Australia, has left to return to the US.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register