Want the skinny on UK porn filters blocking games? How about Konami’s rebirth of PES? Or how to license your game for big bucks? Then you need the latest MCV.
We talk to Yogscast’s CEO Mark Turpin and GM Rich Keith on the platform's rise to success as the UK's most viewed YouTube channel and why video content is an opportunity publishers can no longer ignore.
Elsewhere, Konami’s EU boss Shinji Hirano tells us about the publisher’s big plans for 2014, from its new EU office and UK studio, to the return of Metal Gear Solid and its plans for PS4 and Xbox One.
There's also advice from the experts behind some of the best-selling game brands on how they're cashing in on their IP through the world of licensing and merchandise – and how you can, too.
Plus! We reveal all of the finalists for this year's MCV Awards. Are you in the running?
You can take a look at the contents of the jam packed issue below.
The magazine is available for iPad. Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
Individual issues cost £1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only - £19.99), six months (£34.99) or 1 year (£64.99).
The issue includes:
- Publishers voice concerns over PM's porn block filter blocking games
- MCV Awards 2014 finalists – Are you in the running?
- Nintendo unveils its new look UK team
- INTERVIEW: We talk to the Yogscast's Mark Turpin and Rich Keith about the platform’s rise to success and the power of video in today’s market
- INTERVIEW: Konami's EU boss Shinji Hirano tells us how the publisher is making a comeback with the rise of Metal Gear Solid and rebirth of Pro Evolution Soccer
- Game Licensing 101: Find out how to make the most out of your game brand through merchandise
- We take a look at the hottest game brands and the licensed products they have on offer
- Plus! Previews of The LEGO Movie Videogame, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God and Thief
- And, of course, the weekly Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, iOS and retail chart