With a large number of vacancy postings on the MCV jobs board, it’s never been a better time to think about moving up the career ladder. Whatever your discipline, there’s bound to be an opportunity that suits your experience
Below is the job of the week, picked from the numerous positions on offer on the board.
Title: Game designer contractor
Description: “EA Hasbro is the newest and fastest growing business unit within Electronic Arts, providing opportunities in an entrepreneurial environment. Combining strong Hasbro brands in toys, games, and family entertainment with EA's innovative game development and publishing expertise, EA Hasbro video games will reach new audiences & offer new opportunities for families to reengage through the digital entertainment experience.
We currently require a designer contractor to work alongside our internal development team on Hasbro on our new IP Family Game Night. Contracts are available to start mid-March until around the end of May 2009 and are based in our Guildford studios.
EA is looking for game designers who have proven design work (idea generation, documentation, implementation) of one or more core features in a published game.
Key skills required for this role include but are not limited to:
• Experience working hands-on with artists and programmers on core game features
• Experience and interest in working on casual/younger audience games
• Understanding of factors involved in working with licensed properties
• Articulate, with good written and presentation type skills
• Some experience/interest in designing interfaces and features for casual/younger audience games
• General computer literacy and console and market familiarity
• Experience on Wii, 360, PS3 and DS.”
Click here to find out more about the EA position.
If the above isn’t what you are looking for, there are plenty more vacancies listed on our jobs board, where you can also upload your CV and send it directly to recruiting studios.
Click here to find your dream job.
And if you're a recruiter looking to find new staff you can harness the diversity and experience of our huge pool of readers. Contact email@example.com to find out more.