Square Enix has retained the top spot in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 listings despite a 72 per cent week-on-week dip in sales for adventure outing Tomb Raider.
In doing so it successfully fended off the advances of three new releases – God of War: Ascension, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 – which claimed second, third and fourth respectively.
Sony’s latest God of War title shifted less than half of the number of copies sold by predecessor God of War III, which debuted at No.1 early in 2010. It does better the week one sales of both God of War and God of War II.
Last week’s No.2 SimCity slips to fifth.
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending March 16th:
1. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
2. God of War: Ascension (Sony)
3. Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (Activision Blizzard)
4. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
5. SimCity (EA)
6. FIFA 13 (EA)
7. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
8. Crysis 3 (EA)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision Blizzard)
10. The Sims 3: University Life (EA)
11. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
12. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
13. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
14. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
15. Dead Space 3 (EA)
16. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
17. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
18. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
19. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
20. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Namco Bandai)