Meanwhile, last week’s number one, Fallout 3, slips to third place as FIFA ’09 holds firm in second position.
Sony’s much-hyped and critically acclaimed LittleBigPlanet makes its grand entrance in fourth spot, with THQ’s Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 wrestling into fifth place. Nintendo also gets in on the act, with DS release Professor Layton and the Curious Village making it to No. 6.
Other new entries this week includes Guitar Hero: World Tour in at No. 17, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift in at No. 29 and Tom Clancy’s End War in No. 30.
The top ten sellers for the week ending October 18th, courtesy of ELSPA/GfK-ChartTrack, are as follows:
1. Gears of War 2 (Microsoft)
2. FIFA ’09 (EA)
3. Fallout 3 (Bethesda)
4. LittleBigPlanet (Sony)
5. WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 (THQ)
6. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
7. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
8. Quantum of Solace (Activision)
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
10. Wii Fit (Nintendo)