Despite a number of challenges in its first week on the market, Deep Silver’s Dead Island has capitalised on the hype it created earlier this year to claim the No.1 in the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It triumphed despite the presence of four new entries in the Top Ten – it’s the first time that has happened since week 13 this year.
THQ’s Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine debuts in second place, with Sony’s single-format PS3 shooter Resistance 3 entering the listing in fourth.
Nintendo’s 3DS title Star Fox 64 3D claims ninth position in its first week while the Platinum release of Sony’s Gran Turismo 5 propels that game back into the Top Ten.
The charts’ summer king, 505 Games’ Zumba Fitness, slips to sixth place. Sega’s new release Rise of Nightmares enters the charts in 37th.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full:
1. Dead Island (Deep Silver)
2. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (THQ)
3. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
4. Resistance 3 (Sony)
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
6. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
7. Rugby World Cup (505 Games)
8. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
9. Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
10. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
11. Cars 2 (Disney)
12. NHL 12 (EA)
13. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
14. FIFA 11 (EA)
15. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Warner)
16. The Sims 3 (EA)
17. Madden NFL 12 (EA)
18. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
19. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
20. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)