After 14 long years in development, 2K Games' literally very long awaited Duke Nukem Forever has debuted at No.1 in the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It does so despite a critical mauling, though any ill-effects of this were lessened by a review embargo that only lifted the morning the game went on sale in the UK.
56 per cent of Duke's sales came on Xbox 360 with PS3 claiming 30 per cent and PC 14 per cent.
It's victory finally dislodges LA Noire from the top spot, which drops to number two. Sony's PS3 action platformer inFamous 2 debuts in fourth place while THQ's Red Faction: Armageddon claims eighth in its first week.
Zumba Fitness climbs from third to fourth.
Here's the UK Top 20 in full:
1. Duke Nukem Forever (2K Games)
2. LA Noire (Rockstar)
3. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
4. inFamous 2 (Sony)
5. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive)
6. Dirt 3 (Codemasters)
7. Brink (Bethesada)
8. Red Faction: Armageddon (THQ)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
10. Portal 2 (EA)
11. FIFA 11 (EA)
12. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
13. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
14. Art Academy (Nintendo)
15. The Sims 3: Generations (EA)
16. Hunted: The Demon's Forge (Bethesda)
17. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
18. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
19. Crysis 2 (EA)
20. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)