FIFA 12 has topped the UK games retail charts for the second week in a row ahead of Modern Warfare 3.
The football game claimed the last No.1 of 2011 for the week ending December 31st, despite a week-on-week drop in sales of 27 per cent. It’s the second year on a trot FIFA has spent the final week at the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track charts, and the fourth No.1 for FIFA 12.
EA’s recent PC MMO release Star Wars: The Old Republic fell 28 positions from No.10 to No.38, although it’s worth noting the game is also available as a digital download.
Racers Mario Kart 7 and Forza 4 broke into the Top Ten again at No.9 and No.10 respectively.
The charts were similar the week prior, with THQ’s uDraw Studio: Instant Artist and Tubby Games’ Now That’s What I Call Music: Dance and Sing at No.38 and No.39, before dropping out of the charts this week.
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending December 31st:
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
3. Battlefield 3 (EA)
4. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
5. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
6. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
7. Need for Speed: The Run (EA)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
10. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
11. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
12. Rage (Bethesda)
13. WWE ’12 (THQ)
14. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
15. Sonic Generations (Sega)
16. Kinect Sports: Season Two (Microsoft)
17. Kinect Sports (Microsoft)
18. Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
19. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
20. F1 2011 (Codemasters)