The victory is all the sweeter having had to fend off the advances of Microsoft’s latest instalment to its Halo franchise, Halo Wars, which begins its charts career in second spot.
Last week’s number one, Capcom’s Street Fighter IV, is forced in to third place, though it holds off Nintendo’s Wii Fit for another week as that drops to fourth spot.
Elsewhere in the listings, Professor Layton has a strong week, climbing from 11th to fifth. Konami’s Silent Hill: Homecoming debuts just outside the Top Ten at number 11, whilst THQ’s Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II slip dramatically from third to 18th.
Capcom’s Wii only Dead Rising: Chop ‘Til You Drop failed to make the Top 40 this week, making it to just number 13 in the Wii listings.
The ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 in full (for the week ending Feb 28th):
1. Killzone 2 (Sony)
2. Halo Wars (Microsoft)
3. Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
4. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
5. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
6. Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Sega)
7. FIFA 09 (EA)
8. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
9. Ben 10: Alien Force (D3P)
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)