This is the seventh week the game has spent at number one – this time conquering EA’s former chart-topper Army of Two, which falls to second place.
Meanwhile, after some disciplined study Rockstar’s Bully: Scholarship Edition improves on last week’s performance, climbing one place to third. Nintendo’s Brain Training and Activision’s Call of Duty 4 claim fourth and fifth respectively.
There’s further success for Take Two in the shape of Wii outing Carnival Games, which thanks to some High Street discounting climbs to sixth position – it’s highest on the chart so far.
505 Games’ Cooking Mama 2 also enters the Top 10 for the first time, climbing from 12th to number nine.
New entries in the list this week include Codemasters’ Turning Point: Fall of Liberty at 17 and Rising Star’s No More Heroes in 18th.
ChartTrack also points out that the average time any given title has spent in the Top 40 this week is 18 weeks – thanks mostly to the tremendous staying power of Brain Training and New Super Mario Bros, which have spent a remarkable 93 and 90 weeks in the listings respectively.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full:
1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
2. Army of Two (EA)
3. Bully: Scholarship Edition (Rockstar)
4. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
6. Carnival: Funfair Games (2K Play)
7. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
9. Cooking Mama 2 (505 Games)
10. FIFA 08 (EA)