With the release schedule utterly stagnant ahead of its reignition at the end of the month, there was little around to challenge 505 Games’ Zumba Fitness which still sits pretty at the top of the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.
That’s an amazing eight consecutive weeks at No.1 for the game, which in total has now claimed 11 UK No.1s in 2011. It is now in third place regarding total ever UK No.1s, sharing the accolade with FIFA Soccer ;96 and FIFA: World to the World Cup 98).
Who Wants to be a Millionaire remains the record holder with 16 No.1s to its name.
In the process it also outsold the next four games in the chart combined (Dirt 3, Cars 2, Just Dance 2: Extra Songs and LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean).
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full:
1. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
2. Dirt 3 (Codemasters)
3. Cars 2 (Disney)
4. Just Dance 2: Extra Songs (Ubisoft)
5. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
6. FIFA 11 (EA)
7. Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (EA)
8. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
9. LA Noire (Rockstar)
10. Call of Juarez: The Cartel (Ubisoft)
11. The Sims 3 (EA)
12. Portal 2 (EA)
13. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
14. Dungeon Siege III (Square Enix)
15. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
16. Duke Nukem Forever (2K Games)
17. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
18. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive)
19. Brink (Bethesda)
20. Fight Night Champion (EA)