It seems nothing is able to challenge Wii Fit at the top of the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 with Activision Blizzard’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine failing to stop Nintendo’s title making it five weeks on the trot at the top.
By debuting in second spot Wolverine did, however, successfully fend off the advances of a resurgent FIFA 09, which climbs one place to third spot. Strong sales of Wii hardware also paved the way for improved performances from both Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii.
The ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top Ten in full (for the week ending May 2nd 2009):
1. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Activision Blizzard)
3. FIFA 09 (EA)
4. Wii Play (Nintendo)
5. Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
6. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
7. The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (Atari)
8. The Godfather II (EA)
9. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
10. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)