This week sees the arrival of Xbox One’s first software update but Microsoft has already detailed what will be included in the March update.
Here’s what it will include, as detailed by Microsoft chief product officer Marc Whitten:
· Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
· Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
· Chat with friends playing different games. Partychat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
· We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
· We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
Microsoft has also announced an official £59.99 Xbox One Stereo Headset, which releases worldwide in early March.
It offers an audio range of 20Hz–20kHz, a unidirectional microphone and ship with a detachable Stereo Headset Adapter – that allows users independent control of the master, game and chat volumes.
The adapter will also be sold separately separately for £19.99.