The surprise hit of 2011 has continued to deliver as 505 Games’ popular sports title Zumba Fitness has claimed its fourth No.1 on the trot in the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It’s its seventh No.1 in total since the Wii version was released in Chart-Track’s 13th week of the year.
The triumph comes amidst a slow news week as gaming enters the barren summer months. Retail price promotions on Codemasters’ Dirt 3 see it climb five places to second while Activision’s Transformers: Dark of the Moon is also upwardly mobile, climbing three places to third.
With Wimbledon fever on the wane the big two tennis titles – Sega’s Virtua Tennis 4 and 2K Games’ Top Spin 4 both slip down the Top Ten.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full:
1. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
2. Dirt 3 (Codemasters)
3. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Activision)
4. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
5. LA Noire (Rockstar)
6. Virtua Tennis 4 (Sega)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
8. Brink (Bethesda)
9. FEAR 3 (Warner)
10. Top Spin 4 (2K Games)
11. FIFA 11 (EA)
12. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
13. UFC Personal Trainer (THQ)
14. Red Faction: Armageddon (THQ)
15. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
16. Portal 2 (Valve)
17. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
18. InFamous 2 (Sony)
19. Dungeon Siege III (Square Enix)
20. The Sims 3 (EA)