Entries in 'satoru iwata' (39)
Epic RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has walked away the star of this year's Golden Joysticks awards, taking five prizes at today's ceremony.
The new president of Nintendo expected the Wii U to fail – that’s one of many claims to be made in the Japanese press in the aftermath of the appointment ...
Nintendo has finally named its successor to the late Satoru Iwata.
It had been sold as one of Nintendo’s major business pillars for the future, but could Nintendo’s Quality of Life adventure be over before it has begun?
The two-day funeral for former Nintendo president Satoru Iwata was attended by around 4,100 people.
We are unlikely to see another company VP like Satoru Iwata.
“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.”
The creator of Mario could be in line to become the next president of Nintendo.
The games industry is today mourning the loss of one of its greatest.
Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has again acknowledged the angry reaction to the company’s E3 Digital Event, but has argued that the trade and media reaction has been more positive.
A cryptic translation of a Nintendo investor FAQ has suggested that Nintendo intends to take steps to mitigate a possible lack of third party support for its NX console.
The boss of Nintendo America has said that CEO Satoru Iwata did not tweet an apology for fans following the reaction to the company’s E3 Digital Event on Tuesday.
Nintendo has promised to do “better” at E3 next year following the angry reaction from many fans to last night’s showing.
Although details about the system remains sparse, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has stated that the new NX should not simply be considered as a replacement for its current machines.
Nintendo remains adamant that it will not be announcing any news about the in-development NX console at E3 next month.
High-profile Nintendo developer Hideki Konno has been put in charge of Nintendo’s smartphone game development, reports suggest.
It looks as if Nintendo’s foray into smartphone gaming will be slow to bed in.
On Tuesday March 17th, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata surprised a gathering of press with a major announcement about the future of its business.
Nintendo’s change of mind in deciding to bring its titles to smartphones did not come about because the company believed it had run out of options.
Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has admitted that price has played a big factor in Wii U’s failure.
Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has said that he’s never dismissed smartphone gaming as a genre.
Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has said that Nintendo’s smartphone games may well be free-to-play.
Nintendo’s first titles developed specifically for mobile phones should be out by the end of the year.
Not content with having announced a move onto smartphones, Nintendo has also revealed that its next dedicated games console is in development.