MIAMI – Dec. 4, 2012 – 2012 has been a banner year for Swarm (aka SwarmConnect), a popular social gaming platform for mobile devices. The company has seen explosive growth on all fronts, with thousands of developers joining the ranks and millions of gamers participating in the community. But the good news doesn’t end there: Swarm now offers an official Unity plugin, which can be downloaded directly from Unity’s Asset Store.
Here are just a couple examples of top mobile developers that have embraced Swarm:
· Vector Unit: Creator of wildly popular 3D racing titles such as Riptide GP and Shine Runner. Beach Buggy Blitz was recently featured by Google Play and was one of the Top 10 Free Games on Android.
· Highline Games: Founded by Rockstar veterans and well-known for the Grand Theft Auto series. W.E.L.D.E.R. , published by Ayopa Games, was also featured on Google Play.
"Using Swarm for achievements and leaderboards in Beach Buggy Blitz has allowed us to focus our efforts on gameplay instead of servers and scalability," says Matt Small, Founder, Vector Unit.
Britt Myers, Founder of Highline Games, concurs: "Swarm's hassle-free integration process was a huge plus on our tight development schedule. The features and functionality of the platform have exceeded expectations of our players."
Seeking to make social features even easier to implement, Swarm is now unveiling a plugin for studios building their games with Unity. The Swarm Unity Plugin enables developers to quickly add global leaderboards, achievements, scalable cloud data storage, freemium monetization tools, and community management – increasing downloads and helping studios make more money with less effort.
Swarm’s Unity Plugin at a glance:
· Social features (including leaderboards, achievements, and cloud data storage) can be integrated with just a few lines of code
· Titles are instantly exposed to millions of players in the Swarm community
· No knowledge of Java, servers or databases required
· Currently integrates specifically with Unity projects exported to Android
“The sky is the limit when developers combine the power of Unity with the community-building features of the Swarm platform,” says Matt Haggerty, CEO, Swarm LLC. “For example, just look at The CATch! by Deemedya. This is the future of game development and we’re glad to be part of it.”
Screenshots & trailers
Beach Buggy Blitz (Vector Unit)
W.E.L.D.E.R. (Highline Games)
The CATch! (Deemedya)
About Swarm LLC
Swarm LLC creates Swarm (aka SwarmConnect), a platform that enables game developers to quickly and easily add social features to their mobile games such as global leaderboards, achievements, scalable cloud data storage, freemium monetization tools, and community management. Thousands of developers in more than 50 countries rely on Swarm for their social features. To learn more about Swarm, please visit http://swarmconnect.com