NEW YORK, NY - June 4, 2012 - Grab your tablets and smartphones and get ready for gaming, as 2K Play today announced that their innovative new slate of mobile games will be unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2012, taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 5-7. The games are designed to deliver a play-anywhere-play-anytime social experience and will be available beginning this summer for mobile devices.
"From our blockbuster Carnival Games series to our exciting new original properties like Herd, Herd, Herd , to our election year tie-in with Comedy Central, we're thrilled to introduce a lineup of games that are with you wherever you go," said Steve Lux, Vice President of Business Development for 2K Play. "Gamers will have fun in short doses, long stretches and everything in between with the convenience of playing on the world's most popular mobile devices."
2K Play's mobile lineup includes the following titles:
- Comedy Central's Indecision Game - Who's smarter, Democrats or Republicans? Whichever side of the aisle you lean toward, you'll need all your political savvy to survive the 2012 election season. Play this fast-paced battle of wits to test your knowledge of the powers that be (or might have been) and never "misunderestimate" your competition.
- Fiasco the Cat™ Starring in House Pest™ - Meet Fiasco, the mischievous cat who will turn your house upside down in no time. Race against the clock to fix Fiasco's latest disaster before your nosey neighbor or manic mother-in-law arrives! Hilarious hijinks and state-of-the-art animation put this game into a fun cat-e-gory of its own.
- GridBlock™: The Puzzle Game You'll Flip Over! - You'll need smooth moves and a steely reserve as you flip, tilt, slide and shake electro-blocks into place on the GridBlock board - replete with obstacles and bright techno colors. Teleport through gravity-defying levels, maneuver around mind-numbing mazes and don't get sucked into the black hole!
- Herd, Herd, Herd™ - It's pen-demonium at the Haywire Homestead! Help Farmer Jed herd clucking chickens, panicky pigs, spunky sheep and crazy cows into their pens before time runs out. As you progress, keep your eyes peeled for the sly fox and don't catch chicken pox!
- Carnival Games® MiniGolf - You may have played golf before but you've never played anything like Carnival Games MiniGolf. If you're ready to journey back to Medieval Times, have a shootout in the Wild West and walk the plank in Pirate's Delight - all for the sake of sinking a putt - then step right up for a hole-in-fun!
For a first-hand look at the upcoming mobile games from 2K Play and 2K's Cat Daddy Games studio, please contact Stephanie_Thoensen@bhimpact.com or Rabeeah_Patail@bhimpact.com to book an appointment. 2K Play will be located in booth #2401 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
2K Play is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under the 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play brands. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets through its three divisions: 2K Games, 2K Sports, and 2K Play that are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including first-person shooters, action, role-playing, real-time strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. In just a few short years, 2K launched the 2007 Game of the Year - BioShock®; published the critically acclaimed Borderlands™; continued the award-winning Sid Meier's Civilization® series; delivered the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise with NBA® 2K**; and broke new ground in the family entertainment market with its multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
**According to 2008 - 2012 Gamerankings.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through April 2012.
About Comedy Central
Available in 99 million homes nationwide, COMEDY CENTRAL ( www.comedycentral.com), the only all-comedy network, is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Press Central, COMEDY CENTRAL's press web site at www.comedycentral.com/pressand follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #