WHO: SimCity Societies from The Sims Label, Electronic Arts
WHAT: That demo will show off much of the new fan requested content and features that have been added to the game over the last few months through five free game updates. Just some of the features and content added to Societies include:
· New strategic modes: Basic, Hardcore and Nightmare, each one a more intense challenge to your city buildings skills.
· Three new exotic disasters, including UFOs, a giant robot and a massive monster
· New events and crises, including counter-cultural revolutions, general strikes, epidemics and more
· Easy firefighting controls. Put out the flames faster!
· Improved road placing controls
· Almost countless UI additions, everything more charts and graphs to new auto-execute buttons for special abilities
· City Policies, giving you the power to enact Universal Healthcare, Indoctrination, and other ways to affect, or control, your citizens lives
· Six scenarios ranging from the relaxing the intense
· Dozens of new buildings and special Sims
· More than 100 other additions and improvements
The free downloadable demo will include the tutorial, a challenging scenario and two major disasters.
WHEN: Look for it on June 12 at www.simcity.com.
WHERE: The SimCity Societies free game updates are available right now at www.simcity.com. When you download update 5, it will include all previous updates.
NEXT: Upcoming for SimCity Societies after the demo launch is its first expansion, Destinations, and the massive compilation, The SimCity Box (which includes Societies, Destinations, SimCity 4, SimCity 4 Rush Hour, Snap City and Spore Creature Creator Trial Version), due out on June 23. Check www.simcity.com for more info.
DOWNLOAD: Screenshots here www.bhimpactpress.com using login: media, password: impact.
· Addison Ames / AAmes@ea.com / 650-743-6049
· Derek Musso / Derek_Musso@bhimpact.com /