Epsom, 21 st October 2010
Revolutionary turn-based strategy game Battlefield Academy is updated. Again!
After loads of feedback from players, hundreds of forum threads, and thousands of games played, Battlefield Academy gets a major update.
With proof of its constant dedication to improving its games and listening to what players have to say, Slitherine’s development team has worked hard on the game to make a great game even better, with a host of news features, units and missions added after release and more to come in the near feature.
Since release the game has been updated several times, but this 1.4.1 release is more important than ever. Here is a list of added features since the release of the game.
· 8 new multiplayer maps and all multiplayer maps now have victory locations and objectives.
· 2 new Single player survival maps
· 6 new units
o British Paras
o Greyhound (created by Tim Catherall)
o 37mm Stielgranate
· User Content tools
o Now allows user created maps to be downloaded inside the game interface.
o Currently available for download : 2 multiplayer maps and 4 single player campaigns. More content added all the time.
o Extended the scenario editor tools to allow automatic edging of water
o Integrated Victory Points placement in to the scenario editor
· 2 new skirmish maps&support for user created skirmish maps.
· Added an“Easy Mode” to help players who are getting stuck at key points in missions.
· Revised and improved unit stats to make the combat model more realistic.
· Numerous gameplay tweaks and bug fixes.
The update is available from within the game launcher.