Arlington, VT, March 22 nd, 2012 – Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Graviteam ( www.graviteam.com) are proud to announce that Achtung Panzer: Operation Star is now available in the Matrix Games online store! Achtung Panzer: Operation Star is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Take on the role of a commander in charge of Kharkov’s defense, in command of tanks, guns, and infantry from the German or Soviet forces. Each success brings you closer to victory at the Battle at Kharkov, while failure is not an option. Lead your men on large, sprawling battlefields that were reconstructed by topographic maps and photos, some more than 260 square kilometers! The game features 8 operations for the Red Army and Wehrmacht with more than sixty detailed units from the Soviet Union, Germany, and the UK such as the Pz IV “Tiger”, Mk II “Matilda” and the large and lumbering KV-1.
Features include a flexible AI that chooses the best strategy based on behavior rather than a script, allowing for high replayability. Real soldier behavior takes into account fatigue and morale, as well as experience levels, which all influence battle effectiveness.
Additional features include:
- Detailed recreation of weapons and realistic ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow accurate trajectories
- Comprehensive vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, and aiming mechanisms can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat capabilities of the vehicle
- Destructible environment: nearly everything can be blasted and destroyed, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defenses. All traces of previous battles remain on the battlefield
- Dynamic day, night and weather effects, all of which affect combat through terrain traversability, battlefield visibility, hidden force capabilities, and more, smoke screens, light flares etc.
- Military encyclopedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics
ABOUT SLITHERINE LTD. AND MATRIX GAMES LTD.
Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. are the world’s leading video games producers and publishers of historical and strategy titles. Since 2000, both brands have published literally hundreds of games with many award-winning titles in their portfolio spanning all digital and console platforms. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, and board gaming and work with a wide array of key licensing partners such as HISTORY™, MILITARY HISTORY™, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Casemate Publishing and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. The two companies merged in May 2010 and formed the world’s largest organization specializing in this niche but important market sector. Slitherine’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in this expanding industry sector.