Following its launch on Nintendo’s Wii home console earlier this week, LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, has today announced its arrival on Nintendo’s new high-definition games console, Wii U.
From today, LOVEFiLM members who own the latest addition to the Nintendo family can access the LOVEFiLM Instant application, which comes pre-installed on the device, from the Wii U dashboard. Once logged in, members can watch, search and browse titles from the LOVEFiLM streaming catalogue – all as part of their existing membership package. LOVEFiLM’s Watch List is also included, allowing film and TV fans to add titles in the streaming library to a personalised queue for easy access later.
The new LOVEFiLM Instant app is also enhanced by the second screen functionality of the Wii U console. Members using the Wii U GamePad controller benefit from an improved user experience, including the ability to view video content on both the TV and GamePad, or access details of films or TV shows (such as casting or episode lists) when browsing the LOVEFiLM Instant library.
Nintendo Wii U aims to build on the success of its predecessor, which can be found in over eight million homes in the UK.
LOVEFiLM Instant is now available on a complete range of living room devices including Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD, PlayStation®3, iPad® and Xbox 360 in addition to Wii and Wii U, plus a growing number of Blu-ray players and Internet-connected TVs.
Unlimited streaming packages start from just £4.99 a month – the lowest of any comparable subscription service.
- ENDS -
Links to editors
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM launches on Nintendo’s Wii U home console
Notes to editors
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film and TV series subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM has signed a number of film and TV content deals with major studios including Miramax, Twentieth Century Fox, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, ABC, BBC, ITV, STUDIOCANAL and eOne
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs and Blu-rays delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 280 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Wii U plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung, LG and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 108 million film ratings and written more than 1.1 million reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4 billion video games and more than 637 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi™ XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo® 64 and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/