Category: Historical Strategy
Developed by: Ageod
Published by: Ascaron Entertainment (UK)
Distributed by: Ascaron Entertainment (UK)
Release date: 15th September 2007
Platform: PC CD-ROM
AGEOD's American Civil War is a historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system). Players are placed at the head of the Union or Confederate armies during the American Civil War (1861-1865).
Take the role of military and political leadership, and lead your troops (armies and fleets) to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations during those five years of wild campaigning throughout a divided nation.
Most of the individual years of campaign between 1861 and 1865 are playable via the game scenarios. Advanced scenarios will allow the recreation of some yearly and/or theatrical campaigns, and there will also be, of course, the complete Grand Campaign covering the whole war.
Game developer Philippe Thibaut, a recognized designer in the Grand Strategy field, has a proven track record in the genre with such titles as Great InvasionsTM, Birth of America, WarWound, Europa UniversalisTM and Pax RomanaTM in his portfolio. Graphical art in American Civil War is based on historical models and paintings by the famous Birth of America team Robin Pirez and Sandra Duval, and a dedicated and enthusiastic group of historical experts of the Civil War era have assisted in the development of the game.
American Civil War Features:
• Powerful game engine and military AI based on the success of 'Birth of America'
• The game is played in alternating phases of troop orders followed by simultaneous execution (known as WEGO system)
• Easy to play, hard to master! Play a scenario over a few hours, or a full Grand Campaign following in the footsteps of General Grant and General Lee!
• Varied selection of scenarios and campaigns
• The largest Civil War map ever created, with unequalled beauty and levels of detail
• 2 playable armies, dozens of troop types, hundreds of events, and over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities
• Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, use sea, river and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows)!
• Fight to reconcile the nation (USA) or ensure independence (CSA): with political and military victories
• AGEOD's recognized dedication to historical accuracy, realism, and graphically appealing games!
About Ascaron Entertainment
From Day One in 1989 Ascaron Entertainment has become one of the leading European "boutique" developers and Publishers of games for the PC, with many successful titles including Patrician, Port Royale, DarkStar One and SACRED.
Ascaron maintains development studios in Berlin, Gutersloh and Aachen (Germany), as well as an international department in Birmingham (UK). Ascaron currently markets its products in more than 40 countries and over 15 languages.
Ascaron Entertainment (UK) is an independent office and is highly regarded on a domestic and global scale. With a professional reputation, full-service product management, and a wealth of experience in the games industry, the UK operation manages the international releases of Ascaron's entire catalogue, whilst also providing a bespoke publishing, sales, PR and marketing function to selected affiliate label partners. Ascaron Entertainment (UK) continues to be responsible for successfully launching titles into the UK market from developers and publishers worldwide. Titles include the popular UFO, Panzers, Cossacks and Blitzkrieg series of games, as well as critically acclaimed hits such as Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle and TrackMania United.