WELLINGTON, New Zealand– October 3rd, 2010– AnimfxNZ, Australasia’s leading conference for digital animation, effects, animation and games, today announced that registration has opened for this year’s conference which takes place November 4-6, 2010 in Wellington, New Zealand. The conference is being sponsored by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences ( www.interactive.org) and the Visual Effect Society ( http://www.visualeffectssociety.com).
AnimfxNZ, now in its fifth year, covers three days of content including keynotes, master classes, and workshops from International industry experts. This year will also feature a special, one off day at Peter Jackson’s world class Park Road Post facility, where Weta Digital will present“The Making of Avatar’.
The conference has worked with its partners to provide the content, networking and parties where attendees can meet and interact with digital media creators from around the world, for just NZD$149/day + GST.
“We have a fantastic line up of world class game, animation, VFX, digital art and media business presenters for our fifth year,” said Jos Ruffell, Chairman of the New Zealand Games, Animation and Visual Effects Trust (NZGAV), the organizing body behind Animfx.“With the presentations, master classes, and full day presentation on the making of James Cameron’s masterpiece, Avatar, there is something for everyone interested in the digital creative arts.”
Some of the speakers for AnimfxNZ 2010 include:
- Jeff Braun, Co-Founder of Maxis and serial entrepreneur
- Rikki Campbell, Managing Director of Resn
- Matthew Lee Johnston, Senior Producer at PopCap Games
- Hal Josephson, CEO and President of MediaSense
- Sean Kauppinen, CEO of International Digital Entertainment Agency
- Jason Manley, President of The Art Department
- Joseph Olin, President of the Academy of Interactive Arts&Sciences
- Rob O'Neill, Acting Chairman of the Digital Arts Research Lab
- Brent Reynolds, Chairman of Q Global Entertainment Group
- Kevin Schooler, Media&Entertainment Solutions Specialist, Autodesk
- David Smith, Chairman of Tynax
- Paul Stephanouk, Executive Producer at Zynga (FrontierVille)
- John Wander, Founder and General Partner of Next-Gen Ventures
- Brent Young, Creative Director for the $70 million dollar Dreamworks and Universal Studios’ Madagascar: The Crate Adventure Attraction
More speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
AnimfxNZ was founded in 2006, to provide a global platform for the creative content community to exchange ideas across the various disciplines of digital media. Since its inception, the conference has presented leading speakers on the topics of animation, digital entertainment, digital effects and games, and has served as the crossroads of collaboration for creative media convergence. The 2010 conference is focused on the current and future states of creative digital content creation, worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.animfxnz.com
# # #
+64 21 510 669
International Digital Entertainment Agency