- Webzen.com starts the worldwide service of Archlord.
- During the month of October, the new character class‘Swashbuckler’ will be introduced.
- Former Archlord users can transfer their accounts to Webzen.com.
- The official website for Soul of the Ultimate Nation revealed
- MU Online is enjoying the rapid growth of South American users.
WEBZEN Inc. (NASDAQ:WZEN), announced that the company had commenced the worldwide service of Archlord: Arch Battle of the World, expanding the service territories to North America and European countries.
As the CODEMASTERS license agreement of Archlord in North America and Europe ended, the global Archlord servers are now hosted by WEBZEN ( http://archlord.webzen.com). Consequently, all users around the globe except from Korea, Japan, and China can connect to the Archlord servers via WEBZEN.COM.
To accommodate the former Archlord players from CODEMASTERS, WEBZEN will provide the service to transfer previously activated accounts within this month. Starting from October 8, players can pre-register to apply for the account transfer and receive free in-game gifts.
Also, WEBZEN is providing the next content update featuring the new character class“Swashbuckler”. The new character, a close range female combatant, armed with a pair of swords to inflict great damage, is the premier introduction among western countries.
WEBZEN has arranged many in-game events to celebrate and welcome new players. Starting from October 3, all Archlord users will be able to transform and experience the new character using“Swashbuckler metamorphosis potion”. Also, WEBZEN plans to give away many more Cash Items for free through in-game events.
Meanwhile, WEBZEN will launch‘Soul of the Ultimate Nation (S.U.N)’ in this coming October. The official website of S.U.N (sunonline.webzen.com) is already available for pre-registration.
WEBZEN has also announced that the recent marketing efforts of MU Online, is showing a strong indicating figure in growth of South American players, bringing back many dormant users
“The service territory expansion and the account transfer from CODEMASTERS will create a user-friendly environment for Archlord. We expect to see a significant increase of new users as well as the overall improvement of WEBZEN.COM business. Furthermore, the update such as introducing‘Swashbuckler’ indicates our commitment towards the success of the game.” said Chang Keun Kim, the chief executive officer of WEBZEN.
Detail services of Archlord are available at WEBZEN’s official website, www.webzen.com.
About WEBZEN Inc,
Founded in 2000 and based in Seoul, South Korea, WEBZEN Inc. (KOSDAQ and NASDAQ: WZEN) has become a leader in the MMOG market and has developed some of the world’s top online game and client/server technologies. WEBZEN is continuing the tradition of MU Online, which boasts more than 56 million registered users, with Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition, Huxley: the Dystopia and an array of exciting game titles slated for release in the world’s game market. For more information on the company and its products, please visit WWW.WEBZEN.COM.
1) About WEBZEN.COM Service
WEBZEN.COM is WEBZEN’s game portal intended for taking a role of‘Global Digital Entertainment Leader’ with its sole objective of becoming the comprehensive game service portal for all the game players around the world.
- The portal, WWW.WEBZEN.COM opened on April 2009
- Started Global MU open beta test on May 2009
- Started Global MU commercial service on June 2009
- Archlord will start a major public beta test on August 2009
2) About Global Archlord
- Launched in Korea, January 2006 through NHN Inc.
- Launched in China, June 2006 through SHANDA
- Launched in Japan, October 2007 through NHN JAPAN
- Archlord will be launched in South America and South East Asia in August 2009
3) About Global MU Online
- Global MU Online server opened on October 13th, 2003
- The License Agreement signed with K2 Network in 2005 to transfer the global publishing rights.
- Global MU Online starts global service on October 21st, 2009.
- Global MU Online commenced commercial service on October 26th, 2009.
4) About Global‘Soul of the Ultimation (SUN)’
- Launched in Korea, November 2006.
- Launched in Taiwan, April 2007 Webzen Taiwan.
- Launched in China, May 2007 through The9.
- Launched in Japan, April 2008 through GameOn.
- Global Service Teaser-site launched in September 2009.
Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1622 / +82-11-9714-5086
Assistant Manager / Public Relation Team