TOKYO - Oct. 22, 2009
FromSoftware Inc. today announced that Armored Core® 3 Portable, the latest installment in its popular mecha action game series, will be available for download on the North American PlayStation®Network on October 22, 2009. The Armored Core franchise has sold more than 3.5 million copies worldwide, and the original Armored Core 3 for PlayStation®2 has stood the test of time as a fan favorite.
In Armored Core 3 Portable, players battle as members of the mercenary organization“Raven,” piloting customizable mecha Armored Core (AC) units. The ACs are customizable with different weapons and machine parts that can be reconfigured as necessary to complete a variety of combat-intensive missions.
• Over 50 action-packed missions
• Enhanced menu interface and in-game visibility
• Pilot a fully customizable AC unit, configuring weapons, parts, armor color and emblems
• Over 200 parts available to assemble and create your own machine, including parts from the previous games in the series
• PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Ad Hoc Network support; easily battle up to four friends using a wireless connection
• Challenge opponents nationwide over the Ad Hoc Party on PlayStation®3 (PS3™)
• A new opponent from the Japanese Armored Core novel
• Future-proof data can be saved and transferred to future Armored Core PSP titles
Armored Core 3 Portable is rated T for Teen (Violence) by the ESRB, and has a purchase price of $14.99.
About FromSoftware, Inc.
FromSoftware began developing video games in 1997, launching their revolutionary 3D first-person RPG, King's Field, that same year. The company has continued to develop and publish hit games, including the best-selling franchises Armored Core and the ninja-stealth action Tenchu series. For more information, please visit http://www.fromsoftware.jp/en.
©1997-2009 FromSoftware, Inc. All rights reserved.
"PlayStation" and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Ed Zitron, Account Executive, TriplePoint NY