LOS ANGELES - June 27, 2012 - Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and developers of interactive entertainment, today commemorates its 40 th anniversary, which comes on the heels of the recent mobile releases Circus Atari TM and Centipede® : Origins. In celebration of this milestone, Atari has released an infographic highlighting its many pivotal moments in video game history, as well as a sizzle reel with footage from a 1980s commercial and the company’s progression over the years to its recent mobile hits.
- Download the infographic at: www.triplepointpr.com/dl/atari/atari_timeline.jpg
- View the video on Atari’s YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/Atari
The company most recently released Circus Atari, a circus-themed puzzle-platformer, and Centipede: Origins, in which players defend their garden from invading insects. Additionally, Zynga announced yesterday that Atari has joined as one of its early partners for its new mobile publishing program, Zynga Partners for Mobile, with one new title coming soon. Other soon to be announced partnerships will allow Atari to continue to reach the broadest possible audience with new technology and innovation based on its popular library of game franchises.
Today kicks off a full year of events and programs surrounding the 40th anniversary, and fans are invited to take part in the celebration in several ways:
- “40 Giveaways in 4 Days” sweepstakes ( US residents only ): Starting today, fans can visit Atari on Facebook at www.facebook.com/atari for opportunities to win Atari Arcades, t-shirts and more!
- A special call-out to Atari fans: Post a photo of you and your friends wearing your Atari t-shirts to our Facebook wall at www.facebook.com/atari.
- Visit our website: www.atari.com
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/atari
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/atari
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/atari
About ATARI, SA
Atari ( www.atari.com) is a multi-platform, global interactive entertainment and licensing company. The original innovator of video gaming, founded in 1972, Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Ghostbusters®, and Rollercoaster Tycoon®. Atari capitalizes on these powerful properties by delivering compelling games online (i.e. browser, Facebook® and digital download), on smartphones and tablets and other connected devices. The Company also develops and distributes interactive entertainment for video game consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. As a licensor, Atari extends its brand and franchises into other media, merchandising and publishing categories.
Atari has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Lyon and London.
© 2012 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.
Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.