Haarlem, The Netherlands– November 14, 2007– Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer ClockStone Software are happy to announce that their fantasy-based Action RPG, AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage is now available in major retail stores across North America and Europe. To accompany the highly anticipated release of this Windows® game on PC DVD-ROM, a new trailer is now available. AVENCAST is also Windows® Vista™ compatible.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Lighthouse Interactive said,“We are extremely proud that AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage has hit store shelves. AVENCAST is a game that can be thoroughly enjoyed by Action and RPG fans alike. Its combat system is unique to the RPG genre. Players will have fun casting spells and defeating hordes of demonic enemies as they take on each new quest.”
AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage has a complete package of exciting features such as intense, action-packed combat sequences, mighty spells that are graphically stunning, and a multitude of perilous quests to conquer. AVENCAST combines role-playing with a fluid combat system found in beat-em-up games, which is unique to the RPG genre. It is accessible to novice RPG game players, but it will also challenge core RPG and Action fans. Both combat and non-combat interactions create a perfect balance between brains and brawn. By requiring players to bring their own combat and strategic skills to the forefront, they will have the excitement of crafting a powerful character unleashing their hero’s potential. Players who enjoy mastering spells, uncovering countless items, exploring exotic environments, and battling malicious foes will certainly enjoy the world of AVENCAST!
As the sun rises over Avencast, the renowned academy of magic; a young adept begins his perilous journey. In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your abilities in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters of unknown ancient origin descend upon Avencast turning the academy into a horrific state of chaos and destruction.
Armed with over 50 combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment items, you must uncover the source of these ominous happenings while vanquishing an onslaught of fiendish enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army of adversaries beleaguers your frail haven threatening Avencast’s very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
• Cast Lethal Spells from Different Skill Trees– Surrounded by vicious foes, unleash a mighty soul magic spell. The pure agglomeration of energy alone produces a warp in the surrounding atmosphere before the catastrophic nova demolishes your enemies. Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control)– both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat.
• Perilous Quests– While brawn and agility will win most battles, acumen and strategic thinking are necessary to survive challenging quests.
• Fluid Combat System– Chain together spells and easily execute lethal attacks using an innovative system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Unleash your hero’s potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle.
• Strong Player Personification&Character Development - Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
• Over 30 Nightmarish Monsters with Advanced AI– Each with versatile combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves dependant upon the player’s behavior and attack strategy.
• State-of-the-art 3D Engine– Stunning graphics enhanced with advanced visual effects make for an impressive display of devastating spell casting.
• Many Hours of Exciting Gameplay– Set in diverse worlds with both indoor and outdoor environments to explore.
• Attractive to a Broad Range of Players– An Action RPG at its core, but dynamic gameplay and adventure-like quests make AVENCAST attractive to a broad range of game players.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
OS: Windows® XP / Vista™
CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® Pentium® or 2200+ AMD® Athlon™ processor RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video: nVidia® GeForce™ FX 5700 or better / ATI® Radeon® 9700 or better
PC DVD-ROM: 4x
Sound: DirectSound® compatible (Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series sound card recommended)
Available Hard Disk Space: 4.4 GB
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers
To download the new trailer, visit: www.lighthouse-interactive.com
ClockStone Software GmbH is an up-and-coming Austrian company specialized in developing games and multimedia applications for the PC. Located in the beautiful town of Innsbruck, Austria, their growing team of artists, programmers, and game designers together with numerous freelancing partners seeks to create innovative, state-of-the-art software and graphics at the highest level. www.clockstone.com
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. www.lighthouse-interactive.com
Michael Meyers Public Relations
Tel: +31 23 540 9449