Cyclone Kick Studio is proud to announce that their first iOS game, Beast Squad, has been submitted for approval to Apple and is scheduled to be released on Friday, September 30th.
Beast Squad is a half puzzle, half action game for iOS devices in which the player must guide his or her "beast" across stages filled with numerous obstacles. The catch is that the player has minimal control over the character once it starts moving, so he or she must place floating trampolines (of the rocket-powered variety) throughout the stage to bounce the beast to safety.
Using fewer trampolines will net the player a higher rank at the end, and multiple pathways through most of the 60 stages give plenty of incentive to replay them. When moving, each of the 3 playable characters has a different one-touch play mechanic, allowing for a variety of level designs--some more puzzle-oriented, others focused on fast-paced action.
- Half puzzle, half action gameplay
- 3 playable characters (an insane flying squirrel, a squidbear, and a sleeping cat tied to balloons)
- Each beast has its own simple one-touch play mechanic
- 60 levels with multiple paths to explore
- Rankings awarded for completing levels using fewer trampolines
- Collect hundreds of berries scattered around the levels
- 21 in-game achievements
If you are interested in learning more or if you would like to write about Beast Squad, please contact the developer Max Besong at email@example.com or visit one of the links below.
- Development blog: http://www.cyclonekick.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CycloneKick
Beast Squad was created by Max Besong, a college student who develops games on his own in his spare time. When he is not madly scrambling to finish his homework, he enjoys designing games with unique or entertaining concepts and mechanics, as well as playing anything that sounds remotely interesting. Cyclone Kick Studio is a figment of his imagination and makes him feel more important than a guy who is just staring at a computer screen all day.