About Beat Hazard Ultra:
Welcome to a new experience in gameplay mechanics: Beat Hazard Ultra - Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music!
Experience your music collection like never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. Unleash hell on the enemy ships when you max out with weapon pickups!
Beat Hazard seamlessly mixes the love of gaming and music. Together they become greater than the sum of their parts.
• Unique music driven gameplay
• Levels are created using music from YOUR iTunes collection
• Or play along to an internet radio station
• Simple 1 stick mode for beginners or twin stick mode for the pros
• Rank up and unlock 23 perks and 3 awesome tactical weapons
• Includes Survival, Boss Rush & Chill Out modes
• 43 Game Center Achievements & Leader Boards, all viewable in game
• Also includes a cool music visualizer!
• Awesome 1 man indie game!
App Information, Pricing & Release Date:
• Universal app (iPad/iPod/iPhone)
• 16 Mb
• Initial sale price of $1 / 69p for a limited time
Press for the PC version on Steam:
"This dual-stick shooter gives you a fun new way to listen to your favourite bands." - GameSpot
"...you would be hard-pressed to find a more addictive downloadable title" - Gamer Limit
"Be Warned: Your brain will explode" - IGN
"Beat Hazard is an amazing little game for music lovers and people who like games alike" - StartGame
"It seems like a simple concept, but it ate away at dozens of hours of my time.." - Aeropause
"Beat Hazard is a simple yet amazing game that takes the idea of what happens when a music visualizer decides to start shooting ay you" - Digital Hippos
Links and information:
A Press pack is available here: Includes screen shots & logos, and information about the game.
iPhone Gameplay Video:
iPad Gameplay Video:
Blog post with screen shot & more information:
If you want to review the game, need more assets or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me here:
About Cold Beam Games:
Cold Beam Games is my one man studio operating out my bedroom in the sunny northwest of the UK. After working in big studios for the last 15 years I decided to go Indie 2 years ago. Beat Hazard has been an amazing first product and I’m busy moving it to other platforms.