EUGENE, Oregon, February 8, 2013 -- Bit By Bit Studios announced today that their Kickstarter campaign to fund Fiz: The Brewery Management Game is now live, and that they promise not to use the "tap" pun again if you contribute to or write about the project.
Fiz is a 16 bit style single-player brewery management simulation game in development for Android® and iOS® mobile devices. It's like Lemonade Stand for the Apple® II, but instead of selling lemonade, you sell beer.
You play as a homebrewing enthusiast who has quit your job in order to start a brewery. In the game, you make beer, use beer, and upgrade your brewery in an effort to become an international beer sensation.
- Make Beer
- Discover and customize a hundred recipes in various beer styles and tastes.
- Use Beer
- Sell your beer at retail, or send your beer to competitions and special events.
- Retail: Purchase distribution contracts with marketplaces, each having different customer profiles which dictate how much money customers have and what types of beers they like. Perform Market research and set your prices accordingly.
- Competitions & Events: Enter special events and competitions in order to gain recognition and prizes ranging from cash to special ingredients and recipes otherwise unobtainable.
- Upgrade Brewery
- Use sales profits to hire employees, each having different strengths and weaknesses, to make better beer. Level up your employees by improving their stats. Gain access to exclusive events and marketplaces based on your team makeup.
- Upgrade your brewing equipment for higher quality beer.
- Purchase new recipes and ingredients to make different types of beer or to add new effects to old recipes, such as double XP, or the sinister "mind control pheromones" which force customers to buy your beer.
The Kickstarter campaign seeks to raise $7,500 in funding within 30 days. Extra funding goals include bringing the game to additional platforms such as tablets, PC, and Mac.
For more information, visit the Kickstarter page or the game's official website. You can also follow Bit By Bit Studios on Facebook and Twitter. A Presskit page is available with more facts and media resources as well.
About Sean Sanders
Sean Sanders is a lifelong gamer and since-he-was-of-legal-age beer enthusiast. A professional in the game industry since 2009, he has worked on such titles as Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tony Hawk: RIDE, and Army of Two: the 40th Day. He most recently was the lead programmer for the Chillingo-published critically acclaimed iOS® title Rinth Island. He left his comfortable job and founded Bit By Bit Studios in 2012 in order to follow either his dream of running an indie game studio or his dream of going broke. He can be followed on Twitter.
About Bit By Bit Studios, LLC
Bit By Bit Studios is an independent game developer located in Eugene, Oregon, USA. Founded in June 2012, BXB first released the critically acclaimed Unity3D tool Virtual Controls Suite and then began development of Fiz: The Brewery Management Game. BXB can be found on the web at bitbybitstudios.com